Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Water Fasting

Hey all,

Been thinking of fasting the New Year in and seeing how far I can go with it. Been on YouTube to get some fasting Inspiration.
I want to fast because I just can't seem to shake the anxiety of overeating. It's like a game I am playing with my body---"let's see how much of this I can eat before such and such."  I don't understand why because when I was younger and was anxious I would eat less. Maybe hormones switched and now I have desensed my body from eating too much. I am lucky that I like to exercise or my weight would be much higher from eating this way. And I don't do it all of the time, but the times I do is enough.
I will do the water fast starting tomorrow. I will be busy tomorrow since I will be getting my hair done, so that will keep my mind off of food.
I had a nice pants expanding two days, but now it is time to stop. I will tell boyfriend about the fast since we live together and he will have to put up with my hunger moods and me not wanting to cook due to smell of food. :)
I may not get that moody. In the past not eating and cooking actually helps me not want to eat.

Any tips?

3 comments:

  1. i understand food-related anxiety completely! hell, i have HORRIBLE anxiety, but it doesn't seem to be affected by my levels of caffeine. i truly understand the not-eating thing but not hungry. for me, i would never recommend a water fast - because i started one, and then started the bulimic's binge/fast cycle. you'd binge so much too, because after a while even after you past the stages of hunger, you do eat something and then it takes one small bite before you eat everything.
    :/ i'd recommend just cutting down intake, but if you think you can handle it, my BEST tip for this is: sleep. get loads of sleep. all of the time.
    i used to fast just for the sleeping. i can sleep whenever at whatever time for a lengthy period of time, but if you have to work, you can't. you're too tired to think usually. </3
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that advice. I will take this in consideration, my Misha-cakes ;)
    Maybe I will just go back to my reg schedule or maybe just a week of water fast...not sure yet, but your advice have started the wheels to rolls.
    I hate to be starving hungry but I do love sleep...hmm, but I shouldn't sleep at work, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for following my blog!
    I followed you back. :)
    Like Sam said, I would only fast if you have time to sleep, and sleep a lot.
    It will take your mind off the food.
    Since you have to work and stuff, your best course of action would probably be restriction.
    But no matter what you choose, we are all here to support you. :)
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete