Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'm so late

Hi all,

I cannot believe that I have not written on here in awhile. I have been reading your blogs though... you all are doing so well and some of you have disappeared. Sniff, sniff. Well I hope everyone is well and still striving towards their goals. 
I have been volunteering overseas and am enjoying myself. I can't wait to come home though and enjoy all of my fruits and veggies that I miss. And exercise. I miss jogging. Jogging out here will have people in your face questioning you so I am counting down the day until I can jog my 5 miles again. If I can do that much, I may have to start with 2.5 miles but we will see. I have stayed at about 75% High Carb Low Fat Vegan for a year now. I haven't been perfect namely because I am now living in a place where good fruit and veggies are scarce. I also wasn't perfect at home either but close. I have enjoyed learning more about my body and how it reacts to being treated well. I have also uncovered some deficiencies. 
One great thing about being out of the country is that I was able to get PCOS meds. I have suspected that I have had this for some time, but the doctor six years ago did not want to treat me because I did not have all of the symptoms. But I had so many of them! And they have increased over the years! I actually was gaining weight in a place where no matter who you are you will lose weight. Now since I am treating myself for PCOS I am almost on the same playing field as others and I am slowly losing more weight. So if I treat myself for PCOS, vitamin D and B12 deficiency and test if I still need to be treated for hypothyroidism I probably can lose weight like a normal person. Also, if I still exercise and eat my way of eating this should help tons as well. This has taken me a long time to figure out with no help from doctors except for docs I have had in the last two years. Also when I had a personal trainer years ago he would say, "Something is not right, as much as you work out and eat right you should be losing more weight." "You need to go to a doctor." He felt so bad for me that he would give me free supplements, diet plans and even discounted his prices for me. Because of him I have always continued to question and have hired and fired doctors if they were not co- operating. It has taken me years and a trip overseas to finally get treated properly, but at least I am moving ahead in the right direction.
Wish you all well bellas!
I shall write again soon.



2 comments:

  1. hi, cutie! yes, we haven't heard from you in a while.
    it is sad that some people have been disappearing :( it is so sad. but oh well, life i suppose!
    75% HCLF vegan, hmm? that's interesting, darling x and quite a commitment!
    that doctor sounds like a bloody asshole x
    that sounds like a good trainer!!! and he sounds like he'd be right.
    i'm glad that you've been doing well. you're cute.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam you are cuter!
    Happy to see you again and I can't wait to get back to the States so that I can write more. Take care Queen Cutie!

    ~ColorCoded

    ReplyDelete